Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 Grow Your Blog Party


Welcome to Inglewyck!

I am so glad you could join me here and I would like to thank Vicki of 2 Bags Full for hosting this wonderful party.



Inglewyck? 


Are you wondering about the name?  

 I recently created this blog and moved some of my posts from my old Typepad blog Iantha's Ink, to this my new blog Inglewyck.  That blog was created several years ago with the intent of it being used as a Stampin' Up business blog.  I had used it for business and for personal. I want this blog to cover more of my personal and other craft interests not just stamping.  A bit of my decision is financial, free vs $14 a month.  Hindsight tells me I should have made this decision some time ago.  But then hindsight is 20/20. 



Why I didn't just use Iantha's Ink here?  Well I wanted something catchy that didn't say "this is a stamping blog" or "this is a sewing blog."  Something that was not so specific where it wouldn't seem out of place to post stamping, crafts, antiquing, travel, decorating, costuming or just mindless rambling.  I had actually used the name Inglewyck Hall some time ago when I had a site on the old MSN Groups. That site was devoted to my participation in the Society for Creative Anachronism and Anglo-Saxon history. If you have looked at my posts there are a couple about the SCA here and will probably be more in the future, as well as more on my other hobbies and crafts. I also had a group about travel and archaeology and one about Egyptology. So here you will get to know a little bit about all of my interests, I hope you come again to share in the adventure.


If you happen to come upon a couple of posts that are missing photos and are wondering were they went, well when I moved my blog from Typepad and I thought how easy just copy and paste. LOL! Really I totally wasn't thinking and when I had the Iantha's Ink blog deactivated all the content was removed and the pics disappeared here as well. If I had been thinking from back when the MSN groups had to be relocated because they were being closed I had the same issue. MSN had a system were they migrated all the content to Multiply but of course multiply was not the same so the posts were all messed up and the pics disappeared when MSN shut down. I did it to myself this time. So bear with me as I continue to replace the pictures  in the posts. 

Thanks for stopping by

Huggs
~Iantha~



20 comments:

  1. A bit of this, a bit of that, and a whole dose of mindless ramblings - sounds like my blog, count me in, I'm up for the adventure! Joining you from Grow your Blog
    Wren x
    (littlewanderingwren.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am your FIRST Follower! Welcome to the Party! I am one of Vicki's Grow Your Blog Party volunteers. Thank you for joining in the fun; I can't wait to return and read more - you and I have many of the same interests. Best of luck at the party; I just know I am the first of many new Followers you will soon gain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Iantha,

    I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing with us how you came upon the name for your blog. I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to visit from the GYB party. I love the name Inglewyck and I certainly love the idea of this-and-that ecclectic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to meet you, Iantha :) I think it's a great name - I spotted it on the LONG list on the GYB party post... Don't know if you're a fellow Brit, but I guessed the name was Anglo-Saxon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Iantha ... found you at the GYB party!
    Great blog name ... I love it!
    You definitely have a new follower in me!
    diane @ thoughts and shots

    ReplyDelete
  7. i feel like i know the header? have you used that before? at your old blog? i wonder? beautiful view. hi there. i'm Beth from E. Lizard Breath Speaks - so nice to meet you through the Grow Your Blog get together/party. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Iantha! So nice to meet you! I look forward to getting to know you better and will become your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back and enter the fun giveaway I'm having on my blog.:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your header picture.....that's what my back yard looks like at the moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your blog. Will have to come back and write down that Wassail recipe. I'm following and you can visit me at sugarmoon56.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Iantha, I'm Lynet, nice to meet you, your blog is beautiful, I following now,I love to share with you from now on and we are good friends!Happy grow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. You may be very tired of the snow but boy is it pretty! And what a find, I love Indian Jones. I think when I am done hoping for the day I will have to go watch it. It was so nice to meet you.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Migrating media from blogs & websites can be a nightmare. Good luck reloading the pics.

    I'm still making the rounds from Grow Your Blog. Thanks for sharing your story & blog. My redwork/ embroidery blog is aprilsongstress.blogspot.com!

    aprilsongstress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from the Yukon. I hope you're enjoying this party as much as I do :)
    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Iantha - visiting here through the GYB party. You certainly do collect some fascinating things from the thrift stores.
    Your snow pictures are divine!
    Happy journeying through the blogs.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    It is lovely to have found your blog through GYB. I loved your post on Wassailing - the pictures looked wonderful, I hope you had a lovely evening! Will be looking forward to following your journey from here on out.
    Keli x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, lovely photos, lovely blog. I had fun reading. Thank you for sharing some of yourself here. Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Iantha,

    I am visiting courtesy of the party hosted by Vicki and I am having an ongoing blast checking out all the attendees blogs. What fun and many thanks to Vicki!

    We seem to have a lot in common, as you are a person of many interests. I go back to sewing on a very regular basis, but I dibble and dabble into all sorts of interesting and fun craft and art techniques along the road of life. I checked out several of your previous posts and noticed your posts about Walt Disney World. Our entire family and extended family are BIG Disney fans, as you will see if you can take a moment to visit my blog!

    I am signing up to follow your blogging adventures and hope you will check mine out, as well.

    Have a blessed and beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, What wonderful photos you have posted looks like you are all having a great time, I hope you will visit my blog sometime.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete